Today we awoke not even at the crack of dawn, but at the ass end of the night! 3:30am the alarm went and off we went on our jolly way. Hand luggage and eye bags alike. Gatwick bound and ready for a two day trip to Dublin, Ireland.
What brought us to Dublin this time is a Start-Up & Networking Festival known as Uprise Festival.
So, What the hell do you pack for a 2 day trip to Dublin? Or what did I pack anyway.
Things To Consider:
- Weather: Pack according to the seasons, and climate of the country you are visiting. be prepared, do your research. For me: Winter. Coat, gloves and scarf are a must!
- Situation: What are your reasons for going. Weekend away? Business? An event of some kind? Pack accordingly. For me: Networking event. Smart/Casual. Jeans, jumpers and non offensive tops it is! – I suppose non offensive can be either a top suitable to wear at an event without any objectionable images, words or your tits hanging out haha! –
- Baggage: Are you taking hand luggage or hold luggage? – For a two day trip though, I would advise packing light, you don’t need to bring your whole wardrobe! –
Packing List (For The Female Traveller)
- Top x2 – Plain is always best, black/white or some sort of block colour are easy to mix and match with trousers.
- Jeans: One pair is all you need. Bring your favourite pair, taking into account the tops you are bringing.
- Trousers/Leggings: Situation dependant, a black pair of trousers can look a bit smarter than jeans and leggings for full on comfort and an extra layer under your jeans if you are really cold.
- Bras: 1 or 2 will do if you wear them. Black/White or Nude. – I don’t tend to wear bras unless I absolutely have to, I know…. Call me a hippie #FreeTheNips! –
- Underwear: Bring an appropriate amount of underwear for the amount of time you are a away and a couple spare just incase!
- Sweater/Jumper: Always consider layers, especially in winter.
- Coat: Bring an appropriate coat for the occasion.
- Socks: Goes without saying, but you never know who might forget. Bring spares!
- Towel: These Micro-Fibre towels are a great travel companion. Lightweight, takes up hardly any room in your baggage, quick drying. Awesome.
- Trainers: Casual and comfortable.
- Boots: If you have the space to pack another pair of shoes and want something that you can wear out, or something a bit more formal.
- Slipper Socks: This could just be me, but I can’t walk around bare foot on a cold floor I need slippers or thick socks, or even better slipper socks! Winning.
What’s In Your Wash Bag:
Before I tell you what I put in MY wash bag. I wanted to let you all know that I am a huge advocate for natural beauty products and cosmetics. I try to purchase and look into as many products as possible that are organic, paraben and sulphate free and/or as natural as they can get. So the products I have shared with you are my top picks for this trip.
- Shampoo/Conditioner: Rehab Shampoo and Retread Conditioner both by LUSH Cosmetics.
- Soap/Shower Cream: Rose Jam (100ml) by LUSH Cosmetics. Smells divine!
- Toothbrush/Paste: I always have with me my Sonicare electric toothbrush everywhere I go. You can buy a travel case for it too if it isn’t safe in your wash bag!
- Deodorant: Natural Salt Deodorant by Salt Of The Earth
- Razor: You only need one.
- Small comb or Brush
- Hair Ties and Kirby Grips
- Moon Cup: I’m sure some of your are asking, WTF if a moon cup? Well, I think you should take a look at the website and see for yourself why you should be switching to this female hygiene product RIGHT NOW. I love it. It is better for our bodies, our planet and our future. BUY IT.
- Prescriptions: Just in case you can’t get hold of it where you are.
- Moisturiser: For your body, face and lips! These are my top picks.
- Body – Pure Virgin Coconut Oil (100ml) nothing moisturises my skin better than coconut oil. If I could pour it all over my life, oh I would. – I probably do already to be honest. –
- Face – Anti-ageing Moisturiser by Purity Organic Skincare. I have used this moisturiser for years and always recommend it to my friends. It has a wonderful almond scent, it’s organic and almost 100% made up of natural ingredients. My skin always feels so soft.
- Lips – Shea Butter Lip Balm by Nature’s Ingredients.