We did it!
We made it in one piece all the way to the end of the island, the most westerly major town in Cornwall. Penzance! The move was smooth and painless and we are now finally getting into a regular routine. We have found a gym to workout in, I have found yoga and other group fitness classes to attend during the week and a job lined up in a couple of weeks as the Easter holiday approaches.
We are only here for a short time, 6 months at most, but most likely less. With this in mind, I have set myself some goals to achieve before our journey takes us somewhere new:
- Family: First and foremost I want to bond with my family, spend time with my brother and make up lost time from our past. He’s nearly a teenager now and is turning into a wonderful young man. He makes me very proud. I also want to see my cousin and her baby boy – my God Son – as often as I can while we are here, I learned the hard way that if you miss out on a child growing up, you can never get that time back.
- Friends: Catching up with old friends is definitely on my “To Do” list while we are here. Another blast from the past like that of America(<— Click me) would be such an experience. – I do love the parallel of reminiscing on old memories while forming new ones, such a romantic… –
- Health: If you follow me on social media, you probably already know that I have given up meat and dairy. I gave them up mainly because I had a change of heart and decided that I did not want to contribute to the mistreatment of animals in the meat and cheese industry. – Even if it is just a small percent, I still don’t want any part of it. – This also means that I have started to shop “Cruelty-Free” in all of my cosmetics and other household goods. But with this life choice also comes health benefits and I hope to see some major changes in the passing months. I will keep you updated.
- Fitness: I have decided to get into yoga, and want to improve my fitness while I have the time to really get stuck in.
- Food: I want to learn and start baking! – Vegan baking anyway, which some stuff doesn’t even require an oven but you know… – I also want to visit some well-known restaurants here in Cornwall and share my experience for people who want to visit and need some local knowledge.
With March nearing an end, I better get a move on ticking off these boxes!