*RESTAURANT REVIEW*: The Front Room – Penzance, Cornwall

Today I went to The Front Room.

A quaint Bar/Restaurant right as you come into Penzance, where I am currently residing in Cornwall. The Front Room is located on Market Jew Street just as you come into town.

You can find it at 83 Market Jew Street

From the outside, it looks nothing more than just a small seaside cottage, possibly an art gallery or a cafe. But upon entering a rather large, quirkily decorated restaurant/bar over two floors and a garden area is unveiled.

I was pleasantly surprised with the decor, it brought out a feeling of wonder and nostalgia as I explored the building uncovering itsΒ sweet little rooms, each with its own character and charm.

The Front Room Features:

• Snug
  • Coffee & Cocktail Bar
  • Two spaces directly in front separated for eating and enjoying the company of those you came with – or your own of course!
  • Upstairs there was another room, more private for birthdays, baby showers and hen-dos
  • Garden area and outside space
  • A cute little creche – for those of you with little ones! – under the stairs. Such a great use of space and so convenient!

The walls are adorned with luggage bags, – one of which has a funny little note attached to it! -(I have placed the photo at the end of the post, something fun to read!) bunting, fairy lights and other peculiar things like sewing machines which give the place its distinctive quality.

Food at The Front Room:

The Front Room offers an array of delicious options on their menu from lavish all day breakfasts, wholesome lunches and some amazing cakes and cream teas! You can check out the menu HERE.

I didn’t order any food but I had a gorgeous vegan smoothie while my family ordered breakfast/lunch and some sweet potato fries.

So, if you are in the area or are headed this way and looking for a recommendation then this is definitely one to look out for!Β

– Check out this funny little note I found inside! –

xoxoxoxox

Share:

11 Comments

1. Karen Mattock
    March 22, 2017 / 7:34 PM

Wow Katie, it looks fantastic, hope to visit one day, Norfolk a little far, best of luck

2. March 23, 2017 / 1:21 PM

My kind of place. The deco is so beautiful. I love pastels and flowers! The food looks yummy too. You know what I like the most? Thise hanging lights! I freaking want them…..

• wanderlustayne@gmail.com
      March 23, 2017 / 1:34 PM

It’s such a lovely place and great atmosphere! The lights are pretty awesome aren’t they?!

3. March 23, 2017 / 1:45 PM

This is legit the cutest little spot – so unique. Feeling like a cozy cottage living room!

4. March 23, 2017 / 8:17 PM

Looks like a fantastic place to visit πŸ™‚ Loved it! In fact, it has such lovely yet simple interiors I have wanted such for my home πŸ˜€

5. Emma
    March 23, 2017 / 10:41 PM

What a gorgeous charming restaurant. So cosy, it does in fact look like someone’s front room – and that picture of the gooey egg has me drooling. Will have to check it out if I’m in the area!

6. Andrea Broom
    March 24, 2017 / 12:35 AM

This is such a cute little restaurant, cosy and has this interesting charm with it. I would really want to just hang out there read, eat breakfast or lunch heheh.

7. March 24, 2017 / 3:13 AM

This is a real gem. We love the decor. It’s quaint and creative and still really cozy. And the food looks yummy too. We’ll definitely eat here when were in Cornwall.

8. March 24, 2017 / 7:25 AM

This place is so beautiful and charming. I would love to go in and experience that. And food looks so yummy,

9. March 24, 2017 / 2:09 PM

This doesn’t even seem like a restaurant. It rather looks like a comfortable living and dining room setup. Love the place.

10. March 24, 2017 / 6:49 PM