This post contains affiliate links.
THE RULES FOR LIEBSTER AWARD NOMINATION
– Acknowlege the blogger who nominated you.
– Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
– Nominate 11 blogs
– Give them 11 questions to answer
Thank you Sara – SkipworthAdventures for my Liebster Award nomination! – Sara and I went to primary school together and have just reconnected online so this has been such a lovely way to get to know each other again. – This is the first time I’ve ever taken part in this sort of post so it’s quite exciting to be involved in the blogging community in this way. Should be a lot of fun and also looking forward to seeing everyone else’s answers and posts!
Sara‘s Liebster Award Nomination Questions
What does your dream holiday involve? Tell me the plan!
In a nutshell, a good holiday involves; Sun, Sea & Food. The ideal destination would be somewhere in Asia. Like, Bali, Thailand, The Philippines, and India. I’ve already crossed two of those places off of my list but I would 100% go back in a heartbeat! Waking up in a beach hut, a footstep away from the sand and straight into the sea after a watermelon shake and shakshuka for breakfast is just my idea of heaven.
What show do you love to binge watch?
I genuinely don’t have a lot of time for TV with my job role. I can just about squeeze in an hour of something just before bed as I usually finish work around 8pm then have to cook dinner and prepare lunch for the next day. But at the moment I am absolutely and utterly hooked to some real “trash TV” – GUILTY PLEASURE – known as Love Island.
Other things I have been hooked on in the past have been shows like Breaking Bad & The OA.
What’s the one thing you can’t stand?
There’s a lot of things that I can’t stand… *hides face* But my ultimate pet peeve is a filthy kitchen! – I absolutely love to cook, it is one of my biggest pleasures in life and a wonderful therapy. But if I walk into a dirty kitchen I want to cry. I always clean up after myself after cooking – although I must admit in the past I used to leave a trail of destruction behind me! And in most other aspects of my life I still do… – but it totally throws my cooking zen out of whack if the kitchen is a mess.
What book do you love to read over and over?
I don’t read books over and over again unless it’s some sort of psychology related book. I love self-help books and hippy dippy, crystal shaking, body positive kinda books.
One of my favorite authors is in fact Lisa Lister who wrote a lot of my favourite books. Check out her website The Sassy She. – I’m certain you will love her and her books!
What was your dream job? Did you achieve it? How/why?
I guess I am quite lucky to say that I managed to achieve doing my dream job quite young, and that was to become a professional singer. – Although I don’t do it now, I still always have the passion and will never turn down a sing song if given the opportunity but my new passion is to travel, see the world and to one day raise a family. –
I started signing when I was about 14, practiced every single day in front of my computer singing If I Ain’t Got You by Alicia Keys so that I could upload it on to Youtube and that is where the journey began. – You can catch all my old uploaded videos on my very old channel here! – When I left school I studied music and vocal tech in Guildford and then auditioned for The X-Factor when I was 19 (because my parents signed me up without telling me haha So I couldn’t say no when they told me.) I made it on to the live shows of the 2010 Show and the rest is history really….
After we got voted off and things didn’t work out for the girl band, I went into lots of other areas within the music industry and achieved so many things that I look back on now with a great sense of pride. I have written songs, made and released an EP and an album and even had Avicii play and sing along to a song I wrote and sang on in Tomorrowland Festival!
Check out some of my music below:
It’s an amazing part of my life that I will always look back on with pride and joy.
What inspired you to start blogging?
Travel was actually what started my path onto blogging. Before on my travels, I would take a journal with me and summarise my days so I could look back on them. I’ve always loved reading blogs and one day it just occurred to me to start one.
It started off as just an online journal, a place I could tell my story and be creative. – It was around the time I decided I wanted to put my music career to rest and so I found this was a great way to let my creativity run wild again. – I’ve only been blogging for just over a year but my blog has really evolved and changed with my life which has been a wonderful experience and I am excited to see where it will lead as the years progress.
What has been the biggest hurdle you have faced in life? How did you overcome it?
I don’t want to get too personal but my biggest hurdle so far has been family illness and fear of losing someone very dear. Not too long ago I thought I was going to lose my father to a stroke and our family has had to make huge adjustments because of this. I developed a huge respect for my mother who has soldiered through the whole ordeal and keeps the ship afloat every single day.
It’s hard sometimes to put into words how I feel about the subject. Sometimes I feel a huge amount of frustration, sadness, and pain, but ultimately a huge sigh of relief, gratitude and happiness that we are all still together despite our ups and downs.
What is your favourite quote?
I have so many favourite quotes! I am a “quote of the day” kinda girl. So today’s quote is:
Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?
Well, me of course! No one can play me better than myself. *Winks*
What do you dislike about blogging?
I think sometimes remaining consistent is such a difficult thing. You need to allocate time, you need to have things to write about and you need to be in the mood to write. So I guess consistency is the most difficult thing for me.
What is your main goal in life?
This is cliche as hell, but just to be healthy, happy in my own skin, to have a big family and to have experienced many many corners of the world as a couple and then as a family.
- What is your favourite thing to cook? And do you have a signature dish?
- Tell me a travel story about a place that you have been to that has stuck in your memory for whatever reason. (Near death experience? Good Deed? Got Lost? Holiday Romance? – I can’t wait to hear your stories!)
- If you could live life in another time, when would it be and why?
- If you could look back on your life and chose a moment in your life that helped mold you as a person, what would it be and why?
- If you were to describe your life as a movie title what would it be?
- If you could only bring 5 items in your makeup bag with you, what would they be? – Or man bag if you’re a guy 😉 –
- Is there a place on the planet – like a marvel or an anomaly of nature, a wonder of the world – that you would like to visit?
- Have you ever experienced your very own ghost story? What happened, do you believe it was something paranormal or just your imagination?
- What is the most fearless thing you have done?
- If you can remember, what did you dream last night, if not, what’s the last dream you remember? (This should be hilarious!)
- If you could do one thing to change the world, what would it be?
- JadeOceanBeauty – Jade is one of my best friends. We met working in a gym together and became inseparable ever since. Her writing is witty and real and she is wicked good at make-up!
- TenByThreeTravel – Lucy is my super creative cousin, and although this blog is probably not going to be continued I want people to go to it and read the adventures she went on these last 8 months. She has some incredibly inspiring stories and also some fantastic shots of their travels.
- HalfAWorldAway – I started following Katie on Instagram a while ago now, and we got to know each other discussing our blogs. Katie is an inspiration and is extremely dedicated to her blog. She writes about her travels, about moving to Australia and much more!
- TheBloomingRoseBlog – Aminah is a fashion and beauty blogger from South Africa. Her blog is sleek and a great read for all your fashion and beauty needs.
- DiaryOfALonelyGirl – Chloe writes a lifestyle blog and geeks out about books and movies, so check out her space! – Thanks for commenting and connecting 🙂
- CarlyEveryday – A 22 year old skincare specialist who shares beauty and fashion and mental health advice.
- LuisaChristie – Luisa is a fellow Brightonian living in London. She blogs about Veganism, festivals and other events going on in London!
- TheRedCalabash – Francetta and I went to music college together back in 2008/9, she has just started a blog mixing multicultural music, fashion, arts, festivals digital and tech.
I actually wanted to invite a few people to nominate themselves to answer my questions, leave a comment below with a link to your website – I will update my post with your website, after all this is a post for discovering new blogs! 3 places left to fill – I’m excited to see and read your posts!