I thought it would be fun to share a 12-month backpacking list for India with you all for this post.
I have never had to pack for such a long period of time and thought for those of you who may be on the same boat might find it helpful and get some ideas on what and how to pack for a whole year of traveling! – bearing in mind that we are off to a relatively hot country so most of what I have packed is generally for a hot climate. I figured if we decided to cross any borders into colder weather we can just buy it when we get there to save us carrying it around for months without using it. –
What’s In My Bag
I have made different sections to share the contents of my bag, here’s what I packed:
Every woman needs to plan at least a few outfits for any occassion. But what the heck do you pack when you’re going away for 12 months?! Here’s a list of what I packed besides the obvious things like socks and underwear!
- 1 X Trainers/Sneakers for everyday activities and sports
- 1 X Sandals for lounging, beaches and when I wanna dress up
- 1 X Walking Boots for those days we feel like going on a wild adventure.
- 1 X Jean Shorts
- 1 X Jeans for the chillier days/areas and places it may not be appropriate for shorts like built up cities or more religious regions.
- 1 X Joggers for comfy travel and lazy days.
- 4 X Flowy/Beach Shorts for lazy days, beach days and places like Goa where you can flash those pins!
- 1 X Wrap Maxi Skirt this can be dressed up or down. Worn at the beach or in the cities or dress up for nights out and more formal occasions. SORTED.
- 7 X Crop Tops to mix and match with the bottoms I packed.
- 3 X Long Sleeved Tops
- 1 X T-Shirt
- 2 X Vest Tops
- 1 X Casual.
- 1 X Semi-Formal (it can definitely be worn on a beach and dressed down) – Gotta love an interchangeable outfit.-
- 2 X Beach/Going “Out Out” I put these both in the same category cos they can work for both, as the styles I picked can be worn out on the night scene too. – Back to my interchangeable outfit comment *winks* –
- Beach Stuff:
- 1 X Swim Suit for beaches that a bikini may not be acceptable.
- 2 X Black Bikini Tops
- 3 X Bikini Bottoms to mix and match with tops.
As we are going away for a while, we have both brought our tech with us since our work as digital nomads depends greatly on these things. Here’s what I brought:
- Hard Drive: Sounds odd, but you never know when you might need important documents for things like health insurance for example if things go wrong or a serious accident happens. Hard Drives are small and portable and carry a lot of data! And if you are a blogger like me or just take a lot of photos you can store it all in one small storage device!
- Laptop & Charger
- Tascam Recorder You will see why below but basically this thing is a portable, professional piece of sound recording equipment. – If you are a video editor or a musician like me, this may come in handy please click the link to find out more about my specific one or click here to visit the website. –
- Go Pro
- Cables & Converters
- Portable Chargers for phones and other portable devices, you never know when you might need it on the road.
- Ukulele: I got a ukulele for my birthday this year so I could learn to play an instrument and still have the creative freedom of songwriting and singing without having to depend on anyone else to do it. – This is the reason I brought the Tascam above! –
- SPF: Always carry sun protection, buy in bulk and get it cheap. Sometimes when you go to a country where people don’t really need sun protection they inflate the prices – cos they can – so buy what you need to last a while… We find after a few weeks we need less sun protection anyway as our skin gets darker and can take a bit more stress from the sun.
- Books & Journals
- Shampoo/Conditioner/Soap Bars: Bars?! You say? Why yes! There’s already enough liquid and bottles in my bag from the sun cream and other cosmetics so when it comes to looking after my hair I decided to buy some bars.
My favorites to buy are Avocado Shampoo & Jungle Conditioner both by Lush Cosmetics which is a UK based cosmetics company that is dedicated to making fresh handmade cosmetics out of ALL NATURAL ingredients. They are also against animal testing, which means you can look after your locks and be cruelty-free. RESULT!
- 2 X Towels one for the beach and one for the shower.
I decided to split this post into three parts and make a “What’s In My Make-Up and Wash Bag” and “What’s In His Bag” post for the next parts so make sure you stay tuned.
Is there anything you would bring with you in your bag travelling? Why don’t you add to the list in the comments below and tell us why!